Living at the Sanctuary
Enjoy the balance of a tight-knit community with large private preserves varying in size from 2+ to 13+ acres that offer ample privacy. Take in the views of the gorgeous waterfront property. Welcome to Charlotte’s best kept secret.
There is so much to find near The Sanctuary at Lake Wylie including restaurants, shopping, and attractions within a short drive from the neighborhood.
There are several private schools in close proximity to the Sanctuary.
- Gaston Day School (Grades 4K – 12) *
- Palisades Episcopal School (Grades K – 6)*
- Walnut Grove Christian School (Grades 1- 12)
- Providence Day School (Grades K-12)
- Charlotte Country Day School (Grades K-12)
- Metrolina Regional Scholar’s Academy (Charter School)
The Sanctuary also has a number of magnet schools options in the area, including Palisades Park Elementary, a brand new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) school opened in the Fall of 2014, with several Sanctuary children in attendance. Magnet schools are operated by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, with curricula that are either theme-based to meet student interest or founded on a particular educational approach.
Traditional Public Schools – K-12. The Sanctuary is served by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system.
- Winget Park Elementary School (Grades K – 5)*
- Southwest Middle School (Grades 6 – 8)*
- Olympic Community of Schools (Grades 9-12)*
* indicates bus transportation provided to and from the Sanctuary
Past Events Include:
Pool Parties, DJ, Games
Easter Egg Hunt & Brunch / Easter Bunny Visit
Trail Runs / Walks / 5K’s
Wine & Design
Christmas Parties / Santa Visits
Cars and Coffee
Family Fun Day and many more!
Why the Sanctuary at Lake Wylie?
Frequently Asked Questions?
Where is The Sanctuary located?
The Sanctuary is located in Charlotte, North Carolina on Lake Wylie, 14 miles from Uptown Charlotte. The Lodge address is 10450 Wildlife Road, Charlotte, NC
Are there homes for sale in the community?
Are the roads in the Sanctuary public or private?
What do the HOA dues pay for?
How many homes are in the Sanctuary?
How big are the lots?
Can I build a custom home?
What are the hours of the Lodge?